Monday, March 15, 2010

New blog- Industrial Heritage in Brazil!

Mariana Marcon has started a new blog about the Theory and Practice of Industrial Heritage (Teoria E Prática do Patrimônio Industrial) in São Paulo, Brazil. Her site is new and I am excited by the promise of future writing because of the beautiful photographs and the links that she has included.  The links connect the reader to important policy documents and intellectual statements about the preservation and management of industrial patrimony.  Her blog will also be interesting because Ms. Marcon also writes another new blog about urban planning, making a provocative combination.
http://arqueologia-industrial.blogspot.com/


I wish I could read Portuguese, but since there are so many cognate words with Spanish, I am able to muddle through!  Thanks for the new blog, Ms. Marcon.  I am looking forward to your writing and pictures!


The Comitê Brazileiro de Preservação do Patrimônio Industrial (TICCIH Brasil) is a vibrant group.  Their website is here:
http://www.patrimonioindustrial.org.br/





4 comments:

  1. sounds interesting - but what is the link for Mariana's "Theory and Practice of Industrial Heritage" blog?

    thanks,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David!
    http://arqueologia-industrial.blogspot.com/
    The blog is linked from this site when you click on this blog's title. I didn't realize how confusing that could be. I will revise the post to include the blog address also. Thanks for the heads up.
    Cheers,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I tried to log on to this blog. Blogger reported that the blog had been removed with on more information. I hope that Ms. Marcon brings it back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to share my new blog with all of you.
    http://patrimonioindustrialbrasil.blogspot.com/

    Since I only published it yesterday, there is not yet any posts of my own, only news, links, texts...

    Though it is a Brazilian blog, I intend to post in different languages, so you are all invited to comment, debate, suggest...

    I wish you all a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete